Sunday, April 29, 2007

Great Weekend!!

I can't take credit for this one, Eric actually took it, but I just love it!


This is Erica practicing her bouldering skills at Alabama Outdoors

We had another beautiful weekend here in Alabama, so we took full advantage of it again! Eric had a couple of invites for fun things to do without the kids, but we deemed it family fun weekend instead. I think we all ended up having a great time! Yesterday we went to Alabama Outdoors for me to buy a new pair of hiking boots since I am going to need time to break them in before we go on our big trip this summer. While we were there Eric and Erica both played on the rock wall and it was so fun to watch! After that we went to the zoo and saw all the animals. Last night Eric was cooking a brisket, so after the kids went to bed we sat around on the patio drinking beer that was brewed in our hometown of Athens, Georgia, and listening to a live Jimmy Buffett concert. It was just a great day. Today we went fishing at Oak Mountain with our friends Paul and Sarah and their daughter Caroline, who happens to be Erica's best friend. Now we are just sitting around the house playing with the kids and relaxing. I just can't remember a more relaxing weekend in a very long time. Yes, my laundry still needs folding, and yes, my dishwasher needs unloading, but those things will still be there this week!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Great pic!!! Sounds like a wonderful time you had!